Saturday, April 9, 2011

my 1st post

This is my first post as "the fibromyalgia advocate". I thought of this title when I was at my latest doctor appt. I told her about reaching out on facebook, and she said I would be a great fibro advocate.... I took that as a compliment and mulled things over in my head and prayed and thought of an outlet for pain..... and the name was available... so here I am!! :)

I had a doctor's appt last wed. and I got tender/trigger point injections. They were NOT fun!! My doctor felt so bad when she had to inject the needle with the numbing and healing liquid inside of it (steroids and numbing medicine). Surprisingly as the needles penetrated my skin, and the healing, yet painful fluids slowing crept into my soarest places of my body, it didn't hurt that bad. I mentioned that to my Dr. and she said it's because my body is in pain all the time, and the shots were "just added pain" to me (paraphrased).

This is just one little part of the life of a person with fibro.... alone, isolated, grieving, in pain. I could go on and on, but I choose to be the victor and conquer! With God, all things are possible, even making it through with the constant nagging pain of fibro!

I plan to write more about fibro and have my voice heard. There are many misunderstanding about fibromyalgia and chronic pain, and as one who lives with both every day of my life, I want to share it with others. As I tell my story, I hope and pray that others out there will see they are never alone and there is hope, just not always the way we planned it!

Take care and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment