Thursday, February 9, 2012

20 things not to say to an ill person

#1 – You look so good today! 
#2 – You just need to get out of the house more
#3 – If you stop thinking about it, the pain will go away 
#4 – You should just pray harder 
#5 – You must not want to get better if you won’t try this 
#6 – When I was your age I didn’t have the luxury of being sick
#7 – You’re sick again??
#8 – I wish I could just sit around all day
#9 – No pain, no gain!
#10 – I’d be sick too if I saw doctors as much as you do 
#11 – I have this juice that is working wonders…
#12 – You must still have sin in your life
#13 – If you got a job you’d have something else to think about – see more 
#14 – Your illness is caused by stress 
#15 – You can’t be in that much pain. Maybe you just want attention
#16 – What have you done to make God so mad at you?
#17 – There are easier ways to get attention
#18 – It’s not good for your kids to always hear you whining – see mo
#19 – When are you going to get rid of that cane?
#20 – I’m so glad to see you out and about feeling all better
*The original url for it is: http://invisibleillnessweek.com/2009/06/19/20-things-not-to-say-to-an-ill-person/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment